With apologies to our favorite muppet frog, it actually is quite easy being green. Okay, maybe not being the color green. That probably is a bucket of frogs. We’re talking about “going green,” and for us that’s both easy, and the right thing to do. Miracle Truss® uses recycled steel, a sustainable product that helps the environment. There’s more to how we “go green,” and we’ll get to that in a minute.
But first, we want to give a shout out to an organization that’s in sync with our own thinking. Miracle Truss proudly supports the Go Green Initiative.
They Do Great Things!
The Go Green Initiative is a global environmental education program that trains teachers and volunteers in schools to conserve natural resources for future generations and protect human health through environmental stewardship. The organization provides free and continual instruction for volunteers in all 50 states and 73 countries. Participants learn how to integrate environmental education into existing curriculum and quantify the environmental impact of their conservation efforts.
An Acronym To Live By
“Going Green” can mean different things to different people. We believe this organization has one of the best definitions we’ve ever come across. Their mission is to provide schools with the tools, training and ongoing support they need to create a “culture of conservation” and natural resource stewardship within their community.
They teach this by turning G-R-E-E-N into an acronym that encourages responsible living.
- Generate less waste
- Recycle everything that cannot be reused
- Educate the community on eco-friendly options
- Evaluate the environmental impact of actions
- Nourish discussions and activities that integrate environmental education into existing curriculum
The programs are helping to shape a world where natural resources are equitably available, and all children are healthier as a result of living the principles of the Go Green Initiative.
More Than Lip Service
We love what we do. The people behind Miracle Truss® aren’t in it for the money – we believe that our products are the most responsible way to build. Besides our recycled steel construction, we’ve integrated environmentally responsible practices into our everyday operations.
- Our steel roofing features an Energy Star Certification rating
- The clear span truss construction allows for the addition of solar panels
- Natural low maintenance materials mean you’ll reduce the addition of toxic substances to the environment over the years
- We offer simple DIY trusses that are perfect for super environmentally friendly straw bale construction and other alternative building methods
It isn’t always easy to “Go Green,” but we believe we’ve found a balance that works for both us and you. We make it easy to get started, too. How does 4 easy steps to completion sound? We hope you’ll spend the time saved checking out the Go Green Initiative website. You’ll discover being green really isn’t as hard being green as Kermit lets on.